We use cookies on this website to improve your browsing experience. Our Cookies policy explains what cookies are and how we use them. Please indicate whether you understand and consent to us using cookies.

If you continue to browse the site and do not change your browser settings, we will assume you are agreeing to our cookies policy.

I understand



A fiancé visa allows you to travel to the UK to get married or enter into a civil partnership to a person who is settled or applying to settle in the UK, i.e. They are living lawfully in the UK without any time limit on their stay. You will be given a 6 month entry visa; however you will have no permission to work. After marriage you will need to make an application as mentioned in spouse visa.


Eligibility Criteria

· You have met each other

· You intend to marry or enter into a civil partnership within a reasonable time

· You intend to live together permanently after marriage or entering into a civil partnership.

· You can be financially supported without working or claiming public funds

· You have sufficient accommodation until you get married or register a civil partnership without recourse to public funds.

  • · You have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK (you do not need to meet this last requirement if you are aged 65 or over)


Depending on the type of visa you are applying for there may be other specific requirements.


· 6 months entry visa allowing you to marry or register a civil partnership

· Can apply for 2 year extension visa (same as spouse visa)

· If after 2 years Spouse Visa your marriage continues, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Adam Solicitors has the knowledge and expertise to advise assist you and guide you throughout the process of your Application as the Fiance of a person who is settled in or is applying to settle in the UK.

Brief details